Friday 31 January 2014

Make Up| Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara

Mascara is my all time favourite product to apply that I almost actually find the process very therapeutic. My make up honestly doesn't look finished without a decent coating on my eyelashes and I find it's what I usually get the majority of any compliments on if I was to get any. Having quite naturally long eyelashes I don't necessarily take note of the lengthening qualities many mascara's promise but any that do, well that's just an added bonus. 

Benefit's Bad Gal Lash is another well loved Mascara in the Benefit brand along with there famous They're Real. I have used and loved both but it always seems the majority of the beauty blogger world raves more about They're Real even though Bad Gal Lash is a strong component. This mascara promises to give you long, sexy ultra black lashes which is achieved with the use of there famously big sized brush. It comes at no surprise that this mascara has won multiple awards purely because it does exactly what it says on the tin (well, tube). Finally a mascara that gives great, bold looking lashes and a decent amount of seperation!  
Alas, every good product that has a million and one things right with it usually has one or two flaws. Which in this case is the staying power of the mascara. It is not unusual to find this mascara flakes after a few hours and quite often I have looked into a mirror a while after the application to find black spots underneath my eyes which is never ideal. In comparison with They're Real which puts up a fight when trying to remove, Bad Gal Lash is the opposite in that it happily removes itself during the day. Yet, there is always a pro to weigh out a con and this being that the formula actually seems to improve over time meaning the mascara only gets better! This is something I found was a bonus over They're Real as that particular mascara seemed to dry out in tube very quickly meaning I always hesitated to spend my money on it. 

Not much to say about the packaging other then the fact that it fits in with the Benefit theme of being super girly as well as sexy and as you can see mine has been very well loved!

As I mentioned before the actual mascara brush is HUGE which scared me slightly at first as it seemed to be bigger then my actual eye but once in use it worked wonders. The slightly narrower tip works well enough in getting the hard-to-reach lashes and the base of the mascara brush is perfect for giving good amounts of volume and coating your lashes with an even amount of product. Being a softer brush too, in comparison to They're Real's plastic brush, means that this product is less prone to clumping which is always a positive. 

Priced at £17.50, it is definitely an expensive item but worth the high end price tag. I dare you to give it a go and tell me your eyelashes don't look longer and fuller after application!

Let me know what you think in the comments.
Have you tried any Benefit Mascara's? 
xx


1 comment:

  1. I love They're Real but it's so tough to remove! I really want to try out Bad Gal, it's a shame about the flaking but all in all sounds like a brilliant mascara!x

    Kathryn | effievanity

    ReplyDelete