Thursday 23 March 2017

Jeffree Star Skin Frost's Review and Swatches

So if you have read my blog for a while or watched any of my YouTube videos, you will know that I am highlighter OBSESSED. When I say that I sometimes purely get out of bed in the morning because I am excited about the prospect of highlighting, you may think I am being dramatic which to be fair I am but I am also being honest. I find highlight is the miracle product that steps your makeup look to the next level hence why it is typically my second to last product used (I apply it just before my blush) as I love watching my makeup transform from boring to bomb. I also find highlight is the perfect way to fake a healthy glow which is always greatly appreciated when you are not feeling your best. I am always on the hunt for a highlight that blows me away and I will continue on my expedition to the find the perfect glow that can be seen from space and only then will I be fully satisfied. On purchasing these two Jeffree Star Skin Frost's I had not heard much about them at this point and hadn't tried anything from Jeffree's brand. However, the bright, if slightly garish, pink packaging caught my eye on the pages of Beauty Bay and I decided to pick up the two shades Peach Goddess and Lavander Snow to see how they compared to some of my other powder highlights. 

I feel the most important thing that needs to be mentioned is the actual size of this product as in terms of beauty products I find size, in fact, does usually matter. You can gain an accurate representation of the size in my January Favourites but I honestly was blown away by the almost generosity as although the product is not exactly cheap, usually, most high-end brands do not give you much for your money. Secondly, the pigment of these powders is insane which of course is a must in terms of a good highlighter. I felt the way the pan looked was deceptive of this as at a glance the powder looks more grainy than finely milled and definitely a far cry away from the smooth, creamy appearance of Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfectors. However, once applied onto the skin, the powder offers a blinding glow that does not emphasise any pesky pores and left me speechless. The downside is that the powders do sometimes tend to create a bit of fall-out which is probably due to the fact that the formula is initially fairly chunky but once this has been blended out, it does look seamless on the skin with no glitter or powder particles in sight. My favourite shade out of the two is by far Peach Goddess as I feel this is perfect for my pale skin and appears more of a golden-peach rather than pink once applied meaning no awkward streaks in sight. However, I feel in the pan, Lavander Snow wins in beauty as the colour is so unique and beautiful and adds a bit of oomph to a simple makeup look on a day when you may not have much time. I cannot wait to try more of the shades from the Skin Frost range and I will be sure to keep you posted on my findings. 

These highlights retail for £25.50 which may at first seem pricey but for a 15g product that boasts an incredible glow, I feel that this is pretty reasonable. 

I would love to hear your thoughts!
Have you tried any products from Jeffree Star?

1 comment:

  1. Oooo I have Peach Goddess - it's amazing!! A huge pan that's lasted me agaes already!

    www.lindsaydavison.co.uk

    ReplyDelete